Invite users & Manage permissions & Delete users
As an admin, you can give other people access to your Scaura channels. In this article, we summarize how to invite users and manage their permissions to your Scaura channels.
User management guides
How to invite users
- On the CMS, go to Users tab
- Click on Add users
- Click "Click to add users"
- Enter or paste user information. You can add multiple users at once.
- Click "Confirm"
- Define user role:
- SVP user: SVP users can only use Scaura on web. They do not have any management rights.
- Presenter users (most common): Presenter users are regular users. They can access Scaura in any device, but do not have management rights.
- Admin: Admins have access to user management, content management, and advanced analytics on the CMS.
- Admin (CC payment): This is a specific admin role that allows your organization to pay for Scaura through online payments. There can be only 1 agent per organization.
7. Personal Folder: A personal folder is a space where users can add personal files that cannot be accessed by anyone else in the organization. Please read this page for more information.
8. Sharing: by default, sharing feature is enabled for users. Tap the slider to disable sharing feature. If sharing feature is disabled for a user, then the user cannot download or share files from the app.
Please note the app version needs to be at least 3.2.4-9 (released in November 2019) for this feature to work from the user end.
9. Choose the method of password:
- Let users specify their password: users will receive an email from Scaura with instructions to set their credentials and access your organization's channel.
- Set predefined password: Admin can type in a predefined password. An email template of inform users about predefined password is offered after confirmation. In this option, no automatic email is sent to users, so admins have full control over timing and context.
10. Agree to Scaura terms and click on Add user
How to resend an invitation
Did you invite someone to Scaura, but this person did not receive an invitation by email? First, make sure they check their spam folder. If the email was not received, you can resend an invitation to them.
You can resend an invitation by following these steps on the CMS:
- Go to Users and select the person you invited.
- On the right panel, change Status to Inactive and click Save.
- Now, change the status from Inactive to Active again and click Save.
This will trigger the invitation email to be resent.
Admins can also send the invitation email to users who never logged in. Follow these steps:
1. Go to users and select the user who never logged in.
2. On the right panel, Click Resend Invite.
3. Click Send email.
Do you have problems inviting users to Scaura? Contact us at email@example.com.
Notify users: email users directly from the CMS
On the users page, admins are able to:
- Email registered users who never logged in to make sure they finish onboarding;
- Email users about content updates;
- Email customised messages to users.
Please follow the steps to use this feature:
1. Go to Users.
2. Click Notify Users from the right panel.
3. Choose a topic of the email.
4. Choose your recipients using dropdown of To.
5. Fill in the subject of your email.
6. Modify or fill in the body of your email.
7. If needed, send a test email to your email address by clicking Send test email.
8. Click Send email.
How to restrict access to certain channels
By default, all users are added to a default user group, which has no access restrictions. However, if you want to restrict access of some users to certain channels only, you can create unlimited user groups.
Step 1: Create a user group
To create custom user groups, follow these steps:
- Go to Users and select the User groups tab on the top.
- Click Add group on the right panel.
- Choose a name to your group.
- On the right panel, choose the channels that can be accessed by users on this group and click Save.
Step 2: Add users to your user group
Once you created a custom user group, the next step is to associate users to this group, so that their permissions will be changed. There are two ways you can do this: on a group level, or on an individual level.
Important: Users can only be part of one user group. If you add a user to a user group, they will be removed from their previous group.
Bulk adding users to a group
If you want to add multiple users to a user group in one go, you can follow these steps:
- On the User groups tab, select the user group you want to add users to.
- On the right panel, click on Manage users.
- Select the users you want to be part of the user group and Save.
Changing the user group at individual level
In some cases, you might want to quickly change the permissions of a specific user. To do so, follow these steps:
- On the Users tab, select the user you want to change permissions.
- On the User group menu on the right, select the user group you want to add this user to, and click Save.
How to disable sharing for users
If sharing functionality is disabled for a user, this user won't be able to share or download any files from the app. By default, sharing is enabled for all the users, and can be disabled on a user per user level. Please see below the steps for disable sharing:
- Existing user:
- Go to Users page in CMS
- Click the row of the user you want to modify share functionality
- Scroll down the right panel to the bottom, and you'll find Sharing at the end
- Tap to switch to enable or disable share for this user
- When bulk add users:
- Click Add Users
- In Sharing: tap to disable sharing
How to delete users
- On the CMS, go to Users tab.
- Click on the column that shows the user you want to delete.
- Click on Delete user.
- Click OK.
- The user should be deleted by now.
Last update: 2019.11.07