Tips for launching and managing Scaura channels
This article presents some tips to help you as an admin on the process of launching Scaura channels on your organisation. You will also find answers regarding manage a channel in this article.
When you are rolling out Scaura for the first time, we advise you to first do a "soft launch" with a small set of core users before rolling out to more people on your organisation.
Before inviting users, make sure you have a first version of your channel that you are comfortable with. Then, there are two ways you can proceed with the soft launch.
Option 1: Start by inviting your initial group only, and after you collect feedback and improve your channel, add the remaining users of your organisation.
Option 2: Add all your users at once as inactive users, set only your initial group to active so you can collect feedback, and later activate more people.
Choose the way that works better for you, as long as you encourage your initial users to give you feedback. This way, you can make sure your channels fit their needs before giving access to other users.
Launching a new channel for existing users
Let's now talk about launching new channels when you already have a pool of people using Scaura on your organization.
In this scenario, you want to prevent that people see any changes you make until your new channel is ready for use. There are a few steps we recommend to make sure you can freely experiment with new channels and only launch them when you are ready.
After creating a new channel, you can use user groups in your favor to make sure your current users will not see it when they open Scaura. By default, newly created channels are hidden from users who are not in the default (super admin) user group. To grant or revoke user access to a channel, please follow the below steps.
- Login to the CMS;
- Go to Users page from the top bar;
- Click on the User group tab to go to the User group page;
- In the user group page, you can find all the user groups in your organisation. Click on a user group which you want to hide a channel for your users, and find the Group properties, where listed all the existing channels, on the right panel. Open the dropdown of a channel, if you want to give user access, choose "Allowed"; if not, then select "Not Allowed".
Once you are ready to roll it out, change user group permissions so people will be able to access it!
Follow below the steps to reorder channels in CMS.
- Open a channel from the left panel. If a channel is already open, click on a channel name to select it.
- Click "Reorder" button in Action from the right panel.
- Drag and drop to reorder channels;
- Click Save button.
Deleting an existing channel
If you would like to delete an existing channel for good, go to "Settings" by clicking the wheel icon () on the left-side panel. Then click "Delete Channel" under "Actions" on the right-side panel (see below).
Last update: 2021.07.23